Janu Sirsasana (Head to Knee Pose)
- Sit with the legs outstretched in front of you (Dandasana).
- Bend your right knee and place the right foot against the left inner thigh, relaxing the knee down.
- As you inhale, lengthen the spine and raise your arms either side of your head.
- Rotate your upper body slightly so you are facing the left leg and then fold forward from the hips as you exhale.
- Keep your spine long, chest open, and shoulders relaxed.
- Place your hands down, framing your left leg, or take hold of your ankle or foot.
- Stay for 5 to 10 breaths.
- Inhale, as you come out of the pose
Janu Sirsasana (Head to Knee Pose) Benefits:
- Calms the mind.
- Stimulates digestion.
- Stretches the hips, back of the body, and groins.
- Relieves menstrual discomfort.
- Stimulates the kidneys and liver.
Janu Sirsasana (Head to Knee Pose) Precautions:
- Be careful not to pull yourself forcefully into the forward bend (especially if you are using a strap). This will hunch the back and shorten the front of the body.
- If the back extended knee feels uncomfortable, bend it slightly and place a blanket underneath.
- Do it more for stretching hamstring and keep the spine straight, if you have any lower back pain.
Yoga Teacher Training in Bali | 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Bali | 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Bali | 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Bali | 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Bali | 3 Days Yoga Retreat in Bali | 4 Days Yoga Retreat in Bali | 7 Days Yoga Retreat in Bali